Friday, July 17, 2009

They're fishes!

The past two weeks Big Sis has been taking swimming lessons. She already knew how to swim, we just needed to work on her technique. I signed her up with the City of Irvine at the William Woollett Aquatics Center. I was so proud of her. She did so well. Now she is trying to learn to breathe on the side. It makes such a huge difference in your swimming. One thing she struggled with was hanging on to the side of the wall while the instructor was busy with another kid in the class. I kept hearing "Abi stay at the wall". She just wanted to keep moving. The last day they were allowed to go down the slide.

She has inspired Lil Sis. Lil Sis is now asking to take lessons and she even let me take off her arm floaties this week. Guess what she swam. I knew she was capable, but just using the floaties as a security. (Sorry no photos of Lil Sis, I was in the pool with her teaching her to swim!)

Seeing the swim teams practicing, especially the Masters Team made me yearn to get in the pool again and swim some laps. I really miss that feeling of accomplishment.

No comments: