Sunday, November 25, 2007

Singed Birthday

Lil Sis' birthday was on Thanksgiving this year, so we decided to wait and celebrate with cup cakes on Sunday. I think it would have been over kill on Thanksgiving. As it was my mom's dinner was truly a feast to behold. We are still eating leftovers (yummy yummy yummy).

As I handed Lil Sis her cup cake with two candles and a "Nemo" decoration she stared at it mesmerized. She didn't know what to do when we finished singing. We all leaned forward to show her how to blow out the candles. She did as she was told (rare occasion lately) and what do you know the candles were spaced perfectly apart. Perfect for her eyelashes and eyebrows. Yep she singed them! Poor kid is going to be terrified of birthday cakes and candles. She didn't cry, so I take it that she wasn't hurt. Scary.


3 comments:

Jay McCarthy said...

I love Abi's face in the first picture... she looks so mesmerized.

MommaMcCarthy said...

Funny Jay, I was thinkin' big sis looks like she's gonna do the honors if li'l sis doesn't hurry up...

byers babes said...

Love the eyeball close up. Hope she had a good day despite the singe.