Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Melt Downs


Sometimes I really feel like I will loose it with the girls. It takes every ounce of self control I have not to lash out. Today it was a good thing for Big Sis that we were in public and I therefore kept my cool. Big Sis decided that she did not want to practice her dance routine today because she had to partner with Dancer X. Her teacher asked her to leave if she would not participate. She came out into the hall crying. After explaining to her that she had to do as the teacher asked, I told her we could either go back in or go home. Neither option was flying with her. After 10 minutes of sobbing and discussing, I finally put my foot down and started packing up to go. It was then Big Sis decided to finally go back in. She performed her routine half heartedly and with a frown, but she did it. Aargh...

Turns out when we were discussing the situation again in the car ride home she didn't want to dance with Dancer X because "she picks her boogers and eats them, mom". Well I probably wouldn't want to holds hands and dance with someone who just picked her nose either, but what do you do?

2 comments:

Lisa said...

It is so fun to see your family! I really enjoyed your Dad & Mom pics, hug them for me ok?
I found Lydias site today, and now I found the Robins too, so much fun.

jen said...

At least I'm not the only one who has these "moments"! Look at that picture what an angel, no way she does that kind of stuff ;)