Saturday, November 22, 2008

We've been quilting

My mom is an amazing quilter. One of the benefits of living with my parents is all the knowledge I am gleaning from my mom. We have been busy quilting like crazy the last couple months. On Monday we started a baby quilt and it was finished by Tuesday night. (I won't tell you how late I stayed up though!) The girls love to come watch and poke around with the needles and thread while we do our projects. Big Sis loves to take the scraps of fabric and lay out quilting patterns. Lil Sis had been begging me to let her do some quilting. This week I decided to buy some big plastic needles and see what they could do. I pre-punched some holes in some red felt to make it easy. They had a blast and were proud of their creations.


My finished project. I love the way it turned out.


4 comments:

MommaMcCarthy said...

the girls are just getting cuter and cuter!

did you hand quilt that or machine? it looks fabulous!

Robins Nest said...

I hand quilted. I love hand quilting because then your quilt is softer than if you do it by machine.

Steph said...

Eva, you're amazing. i can only aspire to be a little more like you someday.

Elder and Sister D said...

Who's it for?????????????????????