Friday, March 6, 2009

Planting seeds

The other day I spent a small fortune on fresh herbs. When I came home I told DH, that's it let's get a garden started.

Well today was that day. Everyone helped out, in some way or another (despite that fact that there is no proof ie. pictures that I worked, I promise I really did). Lil Sis decided to help and when she got bored she would prune the bush in the backyard. Everytime her shoes would get dirty she'd run and get another pair. I think she went through something like 5 pairs of shoes this afternoon. Big Sis was a big help and lasted the longest. She was way more interested in the process and even stabbed her dad by accident with her tool in her exuberance. We only finished one section. Tomorrow the work continues.

It felt good to get dirty and plant something. I can't remember ever planting a garden as a kid. I remember eating from the garden though! One summer visiting my Oma in Austria, I remember sneaking out of Sunday School at church and hiding in the garden out back with my friend eating raspberries. They were heavenly.

Lucky for me DH is quite adept at gardening. Thanks to his mom and dad's tutelage. Let's hope it all turns out well. I'm excited for "my" herbs and veggies.

What Big Sis picked to plant.
Disclaimer: I did not dress this child, she came up with this ensemble all on her own! She really needs helps. I mean three different patterns, stars, hearts, and flowers, yuk!

6 comments:

Darice said...

Hey, guys! Hope you don't mind I found your blog and it is so fun to see what you are/have been up to! Your girls are darling and way to go with the gardening I hope everything grows well!

byers babes said...

I'm so proud of you guys! Yay - such happy farmers. Love the pics and props to DH for the perfect rectangle.

Edika's News said...

Lil Sis can wear whatever she wants....she's so dang cute! Opa

Rebekah Rose said...

It's so great to find your blog. Your girls are so adorable. Looks like life has been good to you. Hope all is well.:)

Cecily said...

I'm pretty sure we've talked about blogs at the park, and yet you've never mentioned yours . . . I found it anyway, and now you'll have another stalker!

carrie said...

So impressed with DH and his gardening skills. Wow. What a great learning opportunity for the girls....and something fun to do with dad!