Sunday, August 23, 2009

Happiest Place on Earth

My Aunt now works for Disneyland. This past Friday she signed the girls and I in for "free". Yeah. We love it. We got there at about 8:30 am (way early for me!). By lunch we had already ridden 10 rides. After that the lines got a little longer, but not horrible. We stay til 11pm. I was exhausted. Lil Sis fell asleep in line for Autopia, she requested that we go one last time. She slept through the entire ride! She loved driving the car. My neck not so much! Lil Sis also went on her first roller coaster, Matterhorn. Her favorite ride was the ferris wheel.
Big Sis' loved Space Mountain, it was her favorite ride. She screamed the entire ride, a happy scream I am told. After our last ride, my Cousin K, wanted to stay and watch Steve Rushton perform. I guess he is a pretty big deal or will be among 15/16 year olds. His singing style seemed a bit like the Jonas Brothers, not really my thing but he did give a really fun entertaining performance. And a British accent will make any girl swoon!
This picture says it all, Big Sis loved hanging out with my teenage cousin.

Aunt D spoiled the girls. I can't remember how many times they have asked me for those lollipops and I have said no.

2 comments:

MommaMcCarthy said...

I love how excited they are about the lollipops! :)

soooooo, are we going to get the mad disney hookups NEXT week? ;D

can't wait to come visit!!

Elder and Sister D said...

Yep, I said NO too.

Gma J