Monday, August 3, 2009

Mammoth

This past weekend we went camping in the Mammoth Lakes area. It was so beautiful. We hiked to Rainbow Falls one day. The girls made it the whole way there about 1 1/2 miles, but needed help for the trek back. We found an awesome spot to camp with "free" hot showers. The showers are heated from a natural hot spring. I felt spoiled. The girls did not want to shower. I can't believe how dirty they got. Our whites are brown, yuck. Hopefully my washing machine can work its magic. My parents, brothers, sister-in-law, and nephew also came along. Baby M was such a trooper. I don't know if I could have handled camping with a 7 month old, but my brother and his wife somehow managed very well.

Lil Sis loved to play in the bushes and tall grass. She was in heaven exploring the camp site. She got so dirty from playing. One morning she was having a fit and started crying and there were black streaks running down her cheeks.

Big Sis got to sleep in her very own tent with Onkel A. She loved every minute of it. The very next morning she informed me that they didn't sleep at all, they stayed up talking all night! One night she must have slid down into the bottom of her sleeping bag, couldn't find her way out and woke up in a fright. Onkel A rescued her and helped her calm down. She really is growing up way too fast. It seems at times that she isn't content being a little girl anymore.

4 comments:

Edika's News said...

What a great weekend...awesome scenery made more awesome spending with you guys...And the Sock Dogs were GREAT!

MommaMcCarthy said...

Nice hat, bro. Hope I get to see it in person in a coupla weeks! :)

Please enjoy... said...

that was fun! next year again! :)

Elder and Sister D said...

Looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooove
the beautiful fotos and descriptions. I don't feel so far away.

luvu GmaJ