Thursday, October 8, 2009

They weren't kidding

I never believed people when they would tell me how busy I would get once the kids started school. Between volunteering at school for Big Sis and doing Joy School/Pre School for Lil Sis, life is moving at lightening speed.

Big Sis wanted to take some photographs for a Reflections contest at school. The theme was "Beauty is ...". When we asked her what she would like to photograph, she said "a valley of flowers". Since we do not have a valleys of flowers nearby, dad took them to the Huntington Library a couple weeks ago. I let her use my nice camera. Dad got some crazy looks from people. They were probably questioning our judgment in letting a Kindergartner use a expensive DSLR!
Here is the photograph that she decided to enter.
Some more photos she took.
And this is what "beauty is" to me.

4 comments:

Allison said...

AMEN! I feel like my life has double in speed now that Ian is in Kindergarten. I too am volunteering once a week and I decided to do Joy School to with Ainsley this year and am LOVING it! We need to see you guys.

Please enjoy... said...

she is really good... i love big and lil sis too, they are so much fun!

Edika's News said...

I love you guys...Abi is so cute with her expensive camera hanging around her neck. And Kat is adorable with all her drama. She should be in the movies! Opa

Elder and Sister D said...

Oh my goodness, these are exquisite shots! AND Abi wins in my book!

luvu gma j