Friday, October 15, 2010

Whole Wheat Bread

On Sunday I attempted to make bread. I had never tried before and I felt like it was about time. Wow, did I bomb it. It was super hard to knead. I thought I might pass out. Husband tried to relieve me, but the dough was tough for him too. So I put it in a bowl to rise. It never happened, it just hardened and looked like a rock. I was furious that I didn't get it right the first time. I can usually get most things to turn out decent on my first try.

The next day I went to the store to buy some ingredients to make the whole wheat bread from the Lion's House cookbook. I also used a different attachment for my mixer. And what do you know it worked. Hurray! Glad I didn't give up. It was super yummy and filing bread. What a big difference between store bought bread and homemade.

No comments: