Monday, August 25, 2008

Sailing, Sailing, over the ocean blue....

This past weekend we went on a sailing excursion with my family to Catalina Island. It was beautiful. The water was so clear. Avalon is a really cute little town. I really want to live there someday.

We explored caves, kayaked, sailed over 7 knots (got a little off course too), did a little fishing, were rocked to sleep almost every night, and ate like kings. The girls diet was mainly Cheetos and Red Vines (hey we were on vacation, don't judge my bad parenting skills).

Big Sis and I had a blast. DH and Lil Sis not so much. DH was so sea sick the entire time (note: Ginger really does work) and I have no idea what was up with Lil Sis. She screamed at the top of her lungs in the middle of every night on the boat. In such tight quarters I'm amazed that my family still loves her, I had a hard time of it!

I am still trying to find my land legs. Everytime I stay still I can still feel the rocking of the boat.

Our Captain
The beginning (You can tell who enjoys this the most already)
Mom, poor thing got super sick later.Cute Pregnant Sis-in-law
Covering up as usual in the sun.
Having fun sitting back watching the sail boat action.
The Captain entertaining us all.
So relaxing.
Practicing her surfing skills.
Happy to be running around on deck.
Where we stayed overnight in Avalon.
Love this. They played so well together the entire trip.
Card game with Opa (memory style)
After a nasty fall during some turbulence. Nothing cures a bump like licorice.
The two great fisherman/woman. Ludikus
Amazing brother, thanks for paddling me to shore to help me find a WC and getting kicked out of the Scout Camp with me.
Our family on a kayak adventure.
Lovin' life

6 comments:

byers babes said...

How stinkin' fun!!! I love these pictures. Looks like A loved it! You guys are so fun/lucky to take a trip like this. My fave is the pic with K's tongue sticking out.

Nat D said...

looked sooo nice! I love big sis' wet suit. what a fun trip. Avalon is really nice. We honeymooned there- it's so great taking a golf cart around!

Please enjoy... said...

i just want to copy this whole post and paste it in my blog...
love it!
i am glad to have a bed on land again, but sure miss to chill instead of going to work. hehehe.
(i'd put up with cat's scream, if that'd mean no work! HAHAHA.)

Amy Phelps said...

What a cool trip! Great pictures too!

Anonymous said...

what an awesome adventure. Love the pictures.

jen said...

Fun! I would be a mess worrying about kids on a boat and you took them kayacking! You are amazing! Captain Ed will have to take us next time we are in town.