Sunday, May 23, 2010

Working hard ... well one of us

We have been busy. (If I'm being honest, it was mostly M doing the work!) The girls and I were there to help out here and there. Our backyard was a nightmare when we moved here a year ago. Slowly trees have been removed, trimmed and new ones have been added. M installed a sprinkler system and this weekend we laid some sod. Gotta love instant grass!

Planting an avocado tree. Lil Sis was so excited to plant this and declared that she loves avocados. Funny since she had never even tried one before. When we went grocery shopping that week we purchased one. Turns out she really does like them. Or maybe she couldn't admit that she was wrong and didn't like it. Lil Sis rolls like that.Getting ready to help dad put in the sprinkler system.
The girls lasted about 15 minutes.
This was the only day I helped out. M is amazing even if he looks funny in his yard work get up!

Big Sis took all the pictures for us on Saturday. I thought she did a great job on the two above and the two below.Can you spot my awesome Mother's Day gift.
I have wanted a garden gnome ever since I visited my oma's sister's garden in Austria when I was a teenager. There were gnomes peppered throughout her garden. I mentioned that life long desire one day to M. The girls and M didn't forget it. Isn't he sweet? M and the girls are trying to come up with a name for him.

5 comments:

Please enjoy... said...

WOW, we have to come for a visit!
my "gnom" was broken by max. i gotta glue him back together!!!

tatum said...

yay for instant grass! haha. looks great.

pepper said...

How come I didn't take a look at the back yard on Tuesday. I will have to make sure to check it out next time we are over.

Elder and Sister D said...

Fabulous!!! What a major change!!
Way to go M and the cheering section too. It's beautiful, and appears to be so much bigger!!!
Your fan gmaj

byers babes said...

Wow. Your yard is completely transformed!!! Good work!