Friday, March 14, 2008

My man delivered...


Last night DH took me to see Wicked at the Pantages Theatre in Los Angeles. We have a tradition that every year for Valentines we pick a show or DH surprises me with tickets and then we go a week or so later (to avoid the crowds). The musical was very well written and the cast was super talented. Their vocals blew me away, especially Caissie Levy (Elphaba). There were so many things to learn and reflect on. Politics, unconditional love, goodness, looking beyond someone's exterior, etc.

We left the theater with the throngs of other individuals which included a surprising number of teens dressed for prom(?)! As we were were being herded out like cattle at an excruciatingly slow pace someone had the audacity to lite up. Everyone around me seemed upset by the looks on their faces and the teens remarked loudly how rude that was and they were having difficulty breathing. I never saw the culprit, but if I did my looks would have killed. Couldn't they have waited just two more minutes. I mean come one, you just sat through 2 hours of the show and managed to exert some self control what's another 2 minutes. Okay, my ranting is over. Thanks for enduring through that.

I must also note my thanks to my good friend for finding us some awesome hot dogs at Scooby's. The fresh squeezed lemonade, chili cheese fries, and hot dogs were yummy. The dogs reminded me of Frankfurters in Austria. The skins would pop as you bit into them. It took me back to the time DH and I cruised around Europe together on our first Anniversary. My friend never ceases to amaze me with her talent at finding the best places to eat. You rock!


1 comment:

Lisa Call said...

Eva... you lucky girl! I LOVE Wicked... I mean, so cute and clever (and while I'm at it, I love your hair dark)!