Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Her special weekend

Big Sis went camping with Opa this past weekend, so Lil Sis had her parents all to herself. She took us to dinner Friday night at Chili's and then took her dad to the Santa Ana Zoo on Saturday. Big Sis tends to take a lot of the attention away from Lil Sis. It was really fun to go to dinner with just her. She got herself dressed and brought her purse, which she set down "just like yours mom" when we were seated. When I got my salad, Lil Sis looked longingly as I ate and then decided that she wanted to have some. I love that she loves salad more than burger and fries. She has always been such a great eater. We caved in and let her order the blue slushy drink (okay so she does make some bad food choices, don't we all).

The next day she and dad had a great time at the zoo. DH accidentally left her sparkly shoes and headband on the roof. When they realized what had happened they turned around. Back at the zoo they found the headband wedged behind the spare tire and they found the sparkly shoes on the freeway onramp. DH bravely rescued the shoes. They were a hand me down from her best friend Pita and therefore would have been sorely missed. Lil Sis loves her hand-me-down shoes. The date ended with a lunch at her favorite restuarant, McDonald's. Why do kids love it so much? I cringe everytime my kids beg me to go there!




2 comments:

MommaMcCarthy said...

Lil sis is sooooo cute, and SO BIG! I can't wait to hang out with her this Christmas :)

Anonymous said...

She's so cute! And I do believe she's even bigger than the last time I saw her, which I didn't think was long ago--guess I was wrong!