Monday, October 6, 2008

How embarassing!

I remember that I would complain often about my brother's choice of attire many times growing up. He would love to wear his snakeskin cowboy boots, lederhosen, and cowboy hat in public. I was mortified and couldn't understand why my parents would let him out of the house like that. I think I get it now that I am a parent. Lil Sis decided to dress herself for school today. To avoid argument and enjoy the fact that she is an independent person I indulged her. In a ridiculous way, she is oozing personality and style (or a new biker chick fad). So this is how we left the house.


Today at school we learned about brothers and sisters. Each kid was to color and dress their siblings. As Lil Sis was coloring Big Sis' orange skin we heard the following as she drew some skin between her legs...."I'm coloring Big Sis' PoPo (German slang for behind and now Lil Sis' word for private parts)." I just about died of humiliation, then their teacher and I started laughing. I'm just glad Big Sis didn't explain to the teacher the anatomical difference between males and females, when the teacher was asking what the difference between brothers and sisters are!

6 comments:

Nat D said...

At least Little Sis is giving Big Sis a nice generous spray tan color. I'd love to see Dre in leiderhosen. Can you find a pic of that and post it?

P.S. Little Sis is so ahead of her time, Nicole Richie wore bandanas on her head like that all last summer.

byers babes said...

Hilarious. Love the spray tan. You're girls are so cute and funny. Keep having more. heehee

Sunny and Tom Richins said...

Im so glad you left a comment on my blog. I changed my background and lost all of my blog links. I asked your husband what your blog address was but he had no idea. I love checking your blog. I dont often leave comments though. Im just a blog stocker. And I love Pandora.com. Im listening to it right now. Thanks for the tip.

jen said...

Looks like lil sis wants big sis to be big bro by her drawing. Cute story, kids just say whatever and can really say some emberassing stuff. And at least it wasn't at church!

Shannon said...

You are an awesome mom. :) she looked very cute sporting her bandana! It didn't even occur to me that kids might think anatomically! :) ha ha. So funny!

Anonymous said...

LOL!