Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Random Act of Kindness

Today the girls and I headed to Costco to stock up on a few essentials. While leaving the girls held hands and sang "Barbie and the Diamond Castle" at the top of their lungs. They attracted a lot of attention. It must have seemed like they were out of control or maybe being difficult, but to me it was music to my ears. I'll taked singing over their arguments any day. Well as I got to the car a woman approached me and asked if she could help me load my car. Sure! She told me her kids were in school and they were 15 months apart and she remembered those days so well. I thanked her and we were off on our way much quicker than normal.

On the drive home I got to thinking. You know I really could have done that myself. But that really doesn't matter, because I felt good about what had happened. It wasn't that she helped me load the groceries that made me feel good, it was the fact that someone noticed that I could have been struggling. That is what lightened my mood and lifted a burden.

We all know where I really could have used the help, at home unloading!!!

No comments: