Tuesday, April 21, 2009

My Failed Attempt

This year I thought I would attempt to make the girls Easter dresses. It was so bad I won't even post a picture. Lesson #1 learned . . . . pick a good pattern. The one I picked from Simplicity/New Look was awful. It seriously looked like I cut holes in a pillow case for arms and their heads. Lesson #2 learned . . . . patterns run really big, I mean really big. Big Sis fit into a 3T. What? Come on get it right pattern makers. Can you please keep your sizes consistent with the retail industry?

My mom came to the rescue and found these adorable smocked dress for only $12 at Macy's. Score. Thank you mom!

Never fear I still want to try sewing some clothes for the girls. I think I'll start with these patterns. I love them! I love the idea of making the girls clothes with my own two hands.

2 comments:

Please enjoy... said...

now i really want to see the dresses you made. it's not like it's your fault. they made a crapy pattern! :)

Edika's News said...

You're doing such a great job on the blog! What did we ever do without them?